Cabinet ARMENGAUD & GUERLAIN was founded in 1993.
There are two partners:
Stéphane Guerlain and Catherine Mateu
The firm is fully specialized in:
- Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, designs and models, and copyright),
- and rights relative to this specialty: unfair competition, advertising rights (particularly, comparative advertising), and the Internet.
Due its well-recognized expertise, the firm has been able to attract international clients and to appear systematically in rankings of top law firms established by specialized publications. Cabinet Armengaud Guerlain has therefore been:
- World Trademark Review, ranked as Gold firm, “exquisitely well run” “Its litigation prowess is legendary” “the firm has helped to secure vital victories for many of France's most valuable brands”“Stéphane Guerlain is an “extremely visible” practitioner with a striking enforcement record. Partner Catherine Mateu is said to have “excellent expertise”. Her understanding of the relevant laws and facts is superb – and it comes fast. She has a nice style too, whether writing in English or in French”.
- IAM 1000 Magazine, ranked as Silver firm “a key commercial ally to rights holders and providing an attentive, partner-led and cost-effective service”.
- Who's Who ranked in patents and trademarks “able to handle the most complex of cases” “especially knowledgeable on the pharmaceutical field” “garners praise for his patent practice”.
- Ranked in the first band “The Legal 500”
- Ranked in “European Legal Experts”
- Ranked in the category “Excellent”/“Incontournable” for Patents/Trademarks – Design/Models, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnological Patent Contentious and Regulatory (ranking by Décideurs Stratégie Finance Droit “in soft IP as well as in patents, the team has one of the best reputations in the market” “A finely developed awarenes of risks and opportunities” “A practice that has honed its international expertise”);
- Ranked in the category “bands 2 and 3” (Chambers Global and Chambers Europe “A recognised domestic boutique with a team of very good lawyers”);
- Ranked in Group 1 for “Trade Mark/Copyright Contentious” and in Group 2 for “Patent Contentious” the three partners have been acknowledged as IP STARS “service is excellent” “can work directly with our technical team”.
(Managing Intellectual Property);
- Trophée d’Argent (Silver Trophy) at the Trophées du Droit et du Contentieux (Law and Contentious Trophies) – I.P. Trade Marks and Patents Category in 2005, 2007 and 2011.
- Special Trophy, at les Trophées du Droit et du Contentieux (Law and Contentious Trophies) Trade Marks 2012
- Ranked in Patents and Trade mark in “Women in Business Law”, Expert Guides, Euromoney Institutional Investor, since 2013
The firm places a particular emphasis on maintaining strong and lasting relationships with its clients, providing world-class counsel in a cost-effective manner.
Each file is treated collaboratively so that the client always has an available and informed lawyer to speak with about the file.
The firm works with a network of foreign colleagues selected for their high level of technical competence and their use of work methods identical to ours, thereby enabling us to treat files simultaneously in several countries.
The foreign languages that the firm works in daily are: English, Spanish and German.
Fees are invoiced based on the amount of time spent on each file at rates according to the experience of each lawyer involved in the file.