Admitted to the Paris Bar since 1999, Catherine Mateu has over fifteen years of experience in French and European intellectual Property law. Defending the interests of all types of companies, her strategic analysis, litigation, and contract practice encompass all intellectual Property and related rights law.
A recognized expert, Catherine Mateu’s work is regularly cited by Who’s Who Legal, Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars, Chambers, Legal 500, Décideurs, Women in Business Law, etc.
Fluent in English and also bilingual in French and Spanish, Catherine Mateu has developed extensive international expertise.
- Specialization in intellectual Property , accredited by the French National Bar Association (CNB)
- Post-graduate degree (Magistère) in French and European Business Law from the University of Nancy II
- LL.M. from the University of East Anglia in the United Kingdom
- Post-graduate degree (DESS) in industrial Property from the University of Paris II
- Post-graduate degree (DEA) in International Private Law from the University of Paris I
- Member of the French Association in intellectual Property Lawyers (AAPI), International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) (President of the TRIPS committee), French Association of Trademark and Design Practitioners (APRAM), European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA), International Trademark Association (INTA) (Vice-President of the Sub-Committee on Emerging Issues) and European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW)